The extension of Wi-Fi in the 6 GHz band, also known as Wi-Fi 6E will revolutionize the Wi-Fi user experience by enabling faster speed, lower latency and higher capacity.
This white paper addresses the benefits and the technical details associated with the addition of 1200 MHz of spectrum to Wi-Fi devices by covering the following topics:
- Why does Wi-Fi need more spectrum and why the 6 GHz band?
- Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 6E technology evolution
- FCC rules of operation in the 6 GHz band: Standard Power AP, Automatic Frequency Coordination, Low Power Indoor AP, and Emission masks
- IEEE 802.11ax operation in the 6 GHz band: Scanning, Probing and Channelization
- Challenges of Wi-Fi 6E: Wider frequency range, wider channels, dual-band and tri-band devices, 1024 QAM, OFDMA