Open RAN Global Forum
Hosted by RCR Wireless News
The fifth edition of this event seeks to discuss the progress of Open RAN and the crucial role of the RIC. We will examine the continually evolving ecosystem of players from hardware and software players, right down to the silicon level. We will also discuss the latest on commercial deployments, security, and the continuing debate regarding interoperability and parity of performance.
Panel discussion: Progress update – Ecosystem, Maturity and Evolution
Key stakeholders come together to discuss product maturity, innovation and market dynamics
- What areas of Open RAN development need to be accelerated to really scale Open RAN?
- Technical hurdles versus market dynamics – what is really stopping Open RAN from coming to fruition?
- Product evolution – what are the feature functions needed to meet most requirements?
- Updates on reducing TCO and network economics
- Features sets and requirements and standards evolution needed
- Commitments required to scale Open RAN
- How diverse is the ecosystem right now? And where does it need to be?
- Supply and demand / chicken and egg scenario – scaling Open RAN
- The importance of silicon players and economies of scale
Moderator: Eugina Jordan, Chief Marketing Officer, Telecom Infra Project (TIP)
Adam Smith, Director Product Marketing, Litepoint
Lauriston Hardin, Chief Technical Advisor, NTIA
Chris Moezzi, VP in the Networking and Edge Group, and GM of the Foundational Ethernet NIC Division, Intel
Satish Jamadagni, Senior Vice President – Global Standards, Technology Development, Jio