Complex testing setups require multiple PXI or PXIe modules; the z3806 offers a practical solution by adding PXI instrument slots to the host computer. In addition, the z3806 can provide up to 4 GB/s using PCIe Gen 2 x8 signaling.
The expansion kit consists of a PCIe adapter installed in the host computer, a PCIe x8 cable and a PXIe remote controller with the 3U expansion module installed in a remote PXIe chassis. PXI card detection is fast and convenient. The host computer detects PXIe modules installed in the system automatically without need of additional drivers or software.
z3806 PCIe-to-PXIe expansion kit elements
- PCIe module: Host adapter installed in the host computer
- PCIe x8 cable: 2m twisted copper cable
- PXIe module: 3U Remote controller installed in PXIe chassis
- Link capability:
- Four links configuration: x4 x4 x4 x4
- Two links configuration: x16 x8