Adaptive DPD Software
Adaptive Digital Pre-Distortion (DPD) is a software tool within the zScript test executive for power amplifier (PA) and front-end module (FEM) characterization and testing.
Many of the latest WLAN transceiver chipsets employ DPD techniques to improve PA linearity. DPD measures the nonlinearity of the PA, computes an inverse operation, and creates a pre-distorted RF signal that effectively linearizes the PA. In combination with the zSeries PA/FEM DVT Set, DPD is used to quantify improvements in spectral mask and Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) that will be possible with DPD in-circuit. DPD supports PA/FEM testing for IEEE 802.11 WLAN and LTE cellular devices.
In addition to our standard DPD tool, LitePoint has partnered with NanoSemi to provide a new Adaptive DPD for zSeries PA/FEM test solution. Adaptive DPD is targeted towards cellular PA testing with upgraded testing capabilities:
- Adaptive learning step optimizes DPD engine for each specific PA architecture
- Improves Adjacent Channel Leakage Power Ratio (ACLR)
- Improves EVM
- Superior performance compared to standard GMP/LUT based DPD
- Crest Factor Reduction (CFR) algorithm achieves “close-to-minimum” EVM for target PAPR
- Quick and easy method to evaluate DPD effects for PA, FEM or transmitter designs
- Automatic optimization of DPD algorithms for specific PA architectures
- Out-of-the-box solutions, easy-to-use software